Cabbage Egg Rolls
Next time you crave for some Chinese food, forget take-out. These egg rolls recipe is a cinch to make.
For the wrapper, I use this kind. Find this in the grocery store, normally in the produce section.
Now, lay your wrapper flat on a clean surface or a cutting board with the pointed end toward you. Fill the one end with about a 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Form into a log. Fold the pointed end first.
Before folding the other pointed end, brush a bit of water on the wrapper (or you can use your hand too by dipping your finger in water) then fold to seal.
Serve hot and enjoy.
Cabbage Egg Rolls
- Half of a medium size cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2-3 cups of canola oil
- Slice cabbage and bell pepper thinly.
- On medium heat, brown ground pork in a tablespoon of oil.
- Scoop the meat off the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic, onion, and ginger. Add the cabbage and bell pepper.
- Stir and cook until wilted. When done, let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix the ground pork & cabbage mixture. Add some chopped parsley, lightly beaten egg, salt and pepper. You may add a splash of soy sauce.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper flat on a surface with the pointed tip toward you. Scoop about 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of the mixture and place on the wrapper. Fold in one tip, then both sides next.
- Brush a little bit of water on the other tip then fold to seal. Repeat process with the remaining mixture.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Turning to make sure allvsides are fully cooked.
- Serve hot with soy sauce or duck sauce.