Bok Choy w/ Oyster Sauce
- 1 lb of baby bok choy
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsps water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- In a deep saucepan, boil water enough to cover the bok choy. Once boiling, add the bokchoy. You just want to blanche it – about 3-5 minutes. It is still going to be green and crunchy.
- If you want it really tender, then just cook it longer to your desired tenderness.
- Scoop the bok choy out with a slotted spoon and arrange it on a plate preferably on a single layer.
- In another pan, fry the garlic in oil until light brown. Scoop it out of the pan and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce & water.
- Cook in the same pan and until heated through.
- Drizzle over the bokchoy. Top with the fried garlic.
- Serve immediately.
- You can substitute bok choy with other veggies like broccoli rabe, large bok choy (cut into smaller pieces).
- Oyster sauce can be found in most grocery stores in the Asian section.