I’ve been obsessed with looking for a new chair to replace this blue one in our living room.
It’s not that I don’t like this chair, I really do. It’s more about the fact that it just felt a little out of place with the style of our living room. I plan to hang on to the chair because I know it could work in another room of the house. Maybe not this house but I’m certain I’ll use it in our next house!
In looking for a new chair to purchase, I gathered a ton of inspiration pictures of statement chairs in beautiful rooms.
I love the look and feel of these more architectural chairs. So I decided to see what I should find for my own house! Here were the first options:
1. I loved this butterfly chair from Urban Outfitters. I loved the idea of bringing leather into the mix in the living room. I’ve seen these types of chairs in many rooms and always loved the look of it.
2. Another option was this chair on Amazon. I love the shape and style of this chair but was hoping to find a chair with either wood or a brown leather element. While I do love this chair, I nixed it fairly quickly for my space.
3. This chair I adore oh so much! I love the wood and weave look and I’ve been seeing this chair pop up all over Pinterest in rooms that I adore. I think I would really love this chair at a table, but in my room I was hoping for more of a lounger.
3. This chair was an option mostly because of it’s shape and price. 2 chairs for $185.99! I wasn’t crazy about walnut-look finish, however.
4. I really love this chair that I found while searching on Houzz. While it’s technically an outdoor chair, I think it could certainly work indoors as well. It was still missing that wood or brown leather element I was after, however.
5. This is the chair I was desperately after. I love everything about it, but at $938 it felt pretty out of the question.
In fact, I was starting to feel like any chair was pretty out of the question. We are really working hard to save money for out future home, so spending anything over $100 on a chair just didn’t feel right. Then this happened…..
We were at IKEA on a mission to help our friends with some decorating in their house and Shane pointed out this chair. $60 What?!?! Shane quickly agreed we could get it and it really feels like the perfect chair for our room. This chair is also meant to be an outdoor chair, but I love it so much in the corner of our living room.
IKEA gets it right again! I love the way the chair looks, and it’s pretty comfortable too! We don’t sit in this corner except when guests are here. I see this chair and I having and nice, long, loving relationship. I have to admit two of these chairs side by side on a patio would look fantastic, too!
My 2 month long hunt for a new chair has finally come to an end. I’m so glad I was patient and waited for the perfect chair to come along.